FacilitiesThe Gray Barn, the Red Barn, and Outdoor Arena
Bookmark Farms is known for its homey atmosphere and comfortable, welcoming vibe. People who come here simply don’t want to leave!
The large “Gray Barn” is the hub of most of the activity at Bookmark Farms, and contains 29 stalls. In 2011, 10 new stalls were added to a new aisle on the north side of the building, including two new tacking areas. The Gray Barn houses the boarders’ horses, most of the lesson horses, an indoor arena, the offices, the Observation Room, six tacking-up stalls and a wash stall. Visitors appreciate and often comment on the nice “flow-through” of the traffic areas, as well as the cleanliness of the barn.
A large (125′ x 225′) sand riding ring behind the Gray Barn overlooks a small pond and our beautiful organic hay fields. The property also includes three turn-out pastures and a small sand turnout/riding ring and a mobile pony ring. The “Red Barn” contains hay storage, camp activity areas, four stalls, and of course, the indoor/outdoor pen for our goats, Steven and Poncho.
Our Facilities Include:
- Gray Barn holds 29 (12′ x 12′) stalls
- Red Barn holds 4 (10′ x 11′) stalls
- 70’ x 180’ indoor arena
- 125′ x 255′ outdoor Sand Arena
- Separate Boarders & Students Tack Rooms (heated)
- 6 Tack-Up Stalls • Wash Stall with hot/cold water
- Meeting/Class Room (heated) • Observation Room (heated)
- Full Bathroom (heated) • Offices (heated)
The indoor arena has newly installed Lightfoot and Airfoot footing for moisture retention, to keep dust down, and provide cushion.
- Stadium and Hunt Field Jumps
- 3-1 Acre Grass paddocks with well maintained 3-board wood fencing
- Indoor arena is used in inclement weather
- 2 small paddocks for limited turn-out
- Open and wooded trails with creek crossings and jumps
- Grass field with jumps