FacilitiesTake a tour of the Gray Barn, the Red Barn, and Outdoor Arena.
Bookmark Farms is known for its homey atmosphere and comfortable, welcoming vibe. People who come here simply don’t want to leave! This is the ideal place to find your place in the horse world, meet your favorite mount, and learn everything you need to know to be the best horseperson you can be.
The large, insulated “Gray Barn” is the hub of most of the activity at Bookmark Farms, and contains 29 stalls, a heated and air conditioned observation room with snack machines and a coffee bar, and a large indoor arena. The Gray Barn also houses the boarders’ horses, most of the lesson horses, the offices, six tacking-up stalls and a wash stall. Visitors appreciate and often comment on the nice “flow-through” of the traffic areas, as well as the cleanliness of the barn. In 2011, 10 new stalls were added to a new aisle on the north side of the building, including two tacking areas. This is where students generally tack up during the busy evening lesson hours. The indoor arena has newly installed Lightfoot and Airfoot footing for moisture retention, to keep dust down, and provide cushion.
A large (125′ x 225′) sand riding ring behind the Gray Barn overlooks a small pond and our beautiful organic hay fields. The property also includes three turn-out pastures and a small sand turnout/riding ring and a mobile pony ring. The “Red Barn” contains hay storage, camp activity areas, four stalls, and of course, the indoor/outdoor pen for our goats, Steven and Poncho.
Our Facilities Include:
- Gray Barn holds 29 (12′ x 12′) stalls
- Red Barn holds 4 (10′ x 11′) stalls
- 70’ x 180’ indoor arena
- 125′ x 255′ outdoor Sand Arena
- Stadium and Hunt Field Jumps
- Open and wooded trails with creek crossings and jumps
- Grass field with jumps
- Separate Boarders & Students Tack Rooms (heated)
- 6 Tack-Up Stalls • Wash Stall with hot/cold water
- Meeting/Class Room (heated) • Observation Room (heated)
- Bathroom with shower (heated) • Offices (heated)
- Three 1-Acre Grass paddocks with well maintained 3-board wood fencing
- Indoor arena is used in inclement weather
- 2 small paddocks for limited turn-out